First Training School of COST Action FP1404 at the University of Edinburgh - 3rd to 5th of October, 2016
This TS will explore the issues around fire safety of buildings in which the structure if formed of bio based materials. The TS will focus on the underlying fire science and implications for the building structure. Speakers include Guillermo Rein (Imperial College London), Ulf Wickstrom (Lulea University), Rory Hadden and Luke Bisby (University of Edinburgh).
There are two days of ‘classroom’ activities including topics of heat transfer in timber, pyrolysis modelling and structural design. Lab classes will cover topics of compartment fire dynamics and structure response. The final day will allow you to present your work and receive comments from the Training School Teachers. One important aspect is that you will be expected to spend time on your presentation reflecting on how what you have learned in the Training School will impact on your research.
To confirm your attendance and/or apply for travel support please complete the webform at this link before 12 September 2016: LINK
- The Training School can only run if at least 20 students are confirmed.
- Students recieving travel support have to have an e-cost account
- Students will receive €300 towards long distance travel and €300 towards accommodation and incidental costs for attending all 3 days. (Note: UK Students will receive only €300.)
- Confirmation of acceptance will be issued by 13 September 2016.
- Please note that you are responsible for arranging your own travel and accommodation (after receiving Confirmation of Acceptance).
- When you have confirmed attendance you will receive Joining Instructions with practical information.
- A maximum of 2 students per country can be funded by the COST Action bit more are permitted provided travel and accommodation are covered.
- A total of 25 funded places are available allocated on a first come, first serve basis.